Long Term Care
It is a sad fact of modern life that one in three of us will need long term care of some sort as we get older.
Longer Life Expectancy, Fragmented Families and the increased probability of degenerative diseases are just some of the reasons that more people need care than ever before. The flip side of the coin is that care providers have less and less money and Local Authorities are becoming more aggressive in their funding decisions.
What does it mean?
What this means is that you need to plan now, as much of our long term care planning works only if it is done in advance. Be it Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trust Planning or simply recording what your choices will be. Do it now. If you wait it could be too late.
- Protect your Assets, retain choice and control for your family and loved ones.
- Get the care that you want and deserve not the care that your Local Authority wants to give you.
- Make choices now that secure your long term care and ensure that there will be money left over for your heirs when you pass on.
- Protect your property and understand the consequences of the Charging for Residential Accommodation Guidelines and how they affect you.
- Ensure that you don’t make any expensive mistakes or fall into any traps in this complex area of planning.
Long term care planning is not just about care homes. It’s about who makes decisions if you can’t. It’s about other people understanding what you want and need. It’s about protecting your home and your assets for the next generation and beyond.
But most of all it’s about you, everyone has different circumstances and needs so it follows that we all need a plan tailored specially for us.
For more information call us today on 0208 547 2583 and make an appointment with one of our advisors.
“So far both me and mum have been very satisfied with how Legacy Wills have helped us with our Estate Planning and it has been very straightforward and easy to understand as a process. Also it has been lovely to get to know and work with you! We will be sure to recommend your services.”
Free Estate Planning Guide
Learning how to protect your assets can feel like an overwhelming topic. Our FREE Estate Planning Guide will help you to understand the process and how to get started.